Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Lunas 12, 28.

DIARY

- FIRST - Have you checked out the comments action on this blog yesterday and this morning? I realize this is probably just a brief burst of early summer feistiness, but it's absolutely wonderful. I've just been schooled by Milligan and alan1 and rioted over by Monty Hall. Alan1's in the process of being schooled now. Will he school them back? Who is going to get schooled next? As long as you keep posting interesting comments, I'll work hard to find interesting things to comment on.

- AND BRIEFLY - I'm unable to post comments at work, though I can post posts (go figure), so let me just say that Milligan came at me on the McCain argument from the one angle for which I was unprepared. That is, that McCain was conservative all along. I'm unequipped to respond to that assertation right now, so I'll look into it. I don't think, however, it derails my argument, except the part where I said McCain might not have been awful back in 2000. Which I still think is true compared to Bush. And which was just a bit of icing in the first place.

- SECOND - I'm only going to report on the Tigers and the weather at the top of each week from now on. It takes too long, and I'm not sure anyone reads it, anyway.

- YESTERDAY - Still and serene. After work, Jess and I visited a bit, but she was a tired kid and went to bed early and slept all night long. She probably needed it. I was up until almost one working, and should have gone to bed then, but I used Murdoch's Online Adventures to track down some old friends, and ended up getting sucked in for two hours. That and, P-Funk refused to instant chat with me. Which is always a little disappointing. Oh, well.

- MAY - Is the month of hamburgers, melanoma prevention, and women's health care.
- TODAY - Feast of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary. Also: World No Tobacco Day.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Omar Khayyám and Walt Whitman.

- PICTURE OF THE WEEK -
By way of a shoutout to a best friend and roomate, Sam, check out his work:
Temptation.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
The Sesame Street Personality Quiz.

Me:

You Are Oscar the Grouch

Grumpy and grouchy, you aren't just pessimistic. You revel in your pessimism.

You are usually feeling: Unhappy. Unless it's rainy outside, and even then you know the foul weather won't last.

You are famous for: Being mean yet loveable. And you hate the loveable part.

How you life your life: As a slob. But it's not repelling as many people as you'd like!


That's all, folks!

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home