Friday, June 02, 2006

Lunas 14, 28.

DIARY

- YESTERDAY - I spent the morning cleaning and doing financial junk, and then most of the afternoon watching zombie movies. I've now seen the official George Romero canon, and feel more-or-less equipped to start my zombie novel. More on that soon. Anyway, Jess came home and I made us Sloppy Joes for dinner. We ate it while a gorgeous big storm swept in and hit us from across the river. We watched the Aristocrats before going to bed... which was interesting enough. And Detroit finally beat the Yankees!

- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Today - Martha Washington and the Marquis de Sade. Tomorrow - Curtis Mayfield. Sunday - Socrates.

- NATION OF THE WEEK - Egypt.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY - Let's send it out with a bang:
What Professional Degree Should You Get?

Mine:

You Should Get a PhD in Liberal Arts (like political science, literature, or philosophy)

You're a great thinker and a true philosopher.
You'd make a talented professor or writer.


Which makes some sense, I suppose. I don't think MFA was an option.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home