Sunday, September 24, 2006

Galvane 29.

CONCEPT

So here we are astride the first full month of school...

The pictures here are all from the southern half of Central Park which I spent part of Friday exploring.
The background is of a statue of William Shakespeare standing at the southeast corner of the mall. I'd originally thought that I'd use exclusively photos from the "Walk of Writers" but, as it turns out, only about five writers were featured, and I didn't find them all exceptionally interesting.

The square in the upper left ("The month is...") is of the currently unused bandshell at the northeastern end of the mall.

The three rectangular frames were taken in and around Conservatory pond. I held the lens of the camera against my sunglasses to give them a reddish glow, which should be in keeping with the spirit of the month ahead.

As for links, they may seem a little unimaginative, but I was trying to take in a lot of ground. From left to right:
- I've linked to the Tigers again because, once again, they are relevant.
- Also, with an important election coming on in the U.S., I linked to the Politics page of the New York Times; it's frequently updated and carried a broad range of perspectives.
- Finally, last month I linked to Doris Henson, an indie band I'm in love with. So this month I linked to the Rolling Stones.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home