Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hungry Rats, the Website!

CONCEPT

Dear Friends,

As you may know, right now I'm working on earning my MFA in Creative Writing from the New School. My Creative Thesis is a novel, Hungry Rats (formerly Adrift on the Mainstream), and by the end of the semester I hope to have ready a polished manuscript to submit for publication. I am happy to announce the launch of a website to help with this effort:

http://hungryrats.hereisnowhy.com

The beautiful layout and graphics were created by Sam Perkins-Harbin (www.forge22.com). Elisabeth Blair has composed and recorded a song featured in the novel. It is her rendition of "Some Love To Roam" by Charles Mackay. Elisabeth titled her version "Hungry Rats Theme." The site iteself includes sections on the novel, its historical context, links and acknowledgments, images from the story, and my own background. There is also a secret section, if you can find it.

This website and song are truly evocative of the project and I am very proud of them. I invite you to check it out, and if what you see excites you, pass the word along. It's difficult for a first-time writer to be published, but with your help and a little word-of-mouth buzz, who knows what can happen?

http://hungryrats.hereisnowhy.com

All the best,

Connor Coyne

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home