Monday, April 09, 2007

Oneidine 20, 29.

DIARY

The last week was lovely, and almost entirely dominated by Holy Week. On Tuesday, Amy and I met for drinks after work to discuss our Poetry v. Fiction capture-the-flag game next May. (It won't ever replace Scavhunt, but it might give May its irrevocable Mayness). We watched Idol, ate Indian food, and generally hoped that Sanjaya would be voted off. On Thursday, I went for a walk in the Village and got some reading and writing done at News Bar. I met Jess for the Holy Thursday service, and on Friday I went to the Stations of the Cross and the Veneration of the Cross. I also slept a lot. In the evening we went to Scott and Marco's to play Risk (also with Hannah and Leila), and home from there. On Saturday, we went to the Easter Vigil and then a late late housewarming party for Peter and Matt. It was freezing on the walk back, but we were starving and stopped at McDonalds for Bic Macs and fries. We got home at after three... it was a weird, very social week in that regard. But I always love the services at St. Boniface - warm, poetic - and I went back that morning. Sunday was too cold to go out, and was a very lazy day for Jess and me. We had a very greasy bacon and eggs breakfast-at-lunch, napped, and watched YouTube and the Twilight Zone. We went to sleep well after one. This week, the hard, hard work resumes.

- ROUGH SAILING -
So far I've been able to work on my blog in spare minutes here and there in such a way that my thesis work hasn't interfered. However, things are really coming to the wire, and I've decided to largely cut several activities from my day to free up valuable minutes. I will probably revert to normal around the 3rd of May. With the exception of the week of the 23th to the 27th, when I will be in Chicago and Ohio, I will continue to write the daily posts, but there probably won't be much else. When I start up again, however, I'm going to try to write more robustly on the theological and artistic fronts. This is a goodtime, therefore, to offer any suggestions or constructive criticism.

- ALMANAC SAYS -
Confederate general Robert E. Lee surrendered to Union general Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Court House, Virginia, ending U.S. Civil War, 1865.

- NEWS OF THE WEEK -
You already know about the Greek cruise ship and the British sailors released by Iran.
Here's one of potentially greater long-term importance:
International Herald Tribune: Ukraine president dissolves Parliament and calls for elections.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
What is the least frustrating source of news for you?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home