Friday, September 21, 2007

Gloamane 29, 30.



- Yesterday, after work, I continued the slow process of saying goodbye to New York, neighborhood by neighborhood. Today, it was to be Loisaida (Alphabet City) in the East Village. I walked maybe four miles, taking in everything from 10th Street down to 3rd, from Avenues A to D. I saw Charlie Parker's house, a couple nice churches, and maybe a dozen community gardens. This was one o the neighborhoods of New York I would have killed to live in. It might even be my favorite. Anyway, it was hazy out but not uncomfortable, and the sunlight was smeared all over the sky and buildings as it went down. Finally, it was twilight, and i didn't want to keep my wife waiting. I took the L back to Brooklyn and rode the bus home. When Jess got in, we ordered Indian food and watched Deadwood. Then I worked on Silurian manuscripts for submission.

- If anyone has suggestions for reading series I might submit to in New York, let me know. (I've only got a couple months left here...)

- ALMANAC SAYS -
Use vegetable cooking spray to quiet squeaky door hinges and wheels.

- HAPPY BIRTHDAY -
Bill Murray, Stephen King, and tomorrow, Milligan!

- COUNTRY OF THE WEEK -
Guam.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
Give me the worst pun ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home