Monday, November 08, 2004

Blue Skies are Falling. Part 3.

EVENT: CONNOR

I should have guessed who would win the election.

And I don't want to be rational right now, and I don't want to be quiet or composed or even reasonable.

Of course, how honest can we be without costing ourselves? If you look on a county-by-county map, you'll see that parts of Nebraska went blue and parts of New York went red. And I'm just as fed up with this "red states are dumb"/"blue states are smart" shit. I understand where the emotion comes from but it doesn't convince anybody and it's not even the heart of things... and frankly, it isn't right. The Republicans may never visit Nebraska because it's a sho-in, but the Democrats don't really seem to care either. So we have red from North Dakota to the Mexican border.

Nor did I hear once this campaign any high-profile Democratic candidate point out that wise social programming reduces abortions. It would go a lot further than sweet personal sentiments... it's not like the Republicans have ever delivered on their anti-abortion offers.

And something else I'm pissed off at, liberals... stop bitching and whining about Kerry. He didn't lose because "he sucked." He lost because the whole left-40% of America misread the pulse of the nation. Clinton was certainly a stronger candidate than Kerry, but compare this man to Gore, Carter, Mondale, and, sweet god, Dukakis, and I think he shows very favorably. If Kerry had actually been elected, I'd've pegged him as the next Harry Truman. And yes, I do mean that.

As for conservative America... that's my next dose of vitrol...

To be continued...

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home