Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Happy Martin Luther King Day.

DIARY

Dear Readers,

Of course, the holiday I should have celebrated first I left for the last. That's the problem with trying to crescendo your blog on a busy day...

Some have said that Martin Luther King day is a day of work, not rest. I agree. I'm exhausted right now, and so the best I can manage for the moment is to direct you to Chapati Mystery, where Sepoy has carefully quoted and pulled from Dr. King's last speech.

A priest I respect has said that Dr. King will be remembered as one of the greatest American Prophets. He seems to have been aware that he was speaking about more than just race. But then, maybe that's the definition of a great prophet; they can take up any subject of weight and controversy, and make it apply to everything.

Yours,

Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home