Friday, May 27, 2005

Lunas 7, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS:
- Everything I said about "guilty pleasures" yesterday must've been heard somewhere. There were complications with the laser and I ended up sticking around until almost six. So it looks like, by the end of today, I might have racked up something almost equivalent to a forty-hour week. Sweet.
- After work yesterday, I resumed photographing Edgewater Beach. So far, I've taken 600 pictures of Lincoln Park, Sheridan Road, the East-West streets between Foster and Devon as far as the Red Line, alley -10X, as well as Kenmore, Winthrop, and alleys -10AX and -11BX between Foster and Hollywood. (The -10X means a north-south running alley ten blocks west of State St.)
- I got home at almost eight, took a short nap, and woke up to Sam, Sky, and Coral making stir fry. We ate, and then Coral and Sky gave Sam and me a ride to B.L.U.E.S. Cover was $7, which is fair, but a bottle of MGD was $3.75, which is an unreasonable price to pay for shitty beer. I had a good enough time, I suppose, but I was tired and fading fast. Plus, the crowd had a touristy bent to it (hailing from exotic places, like NYC, England, and DePaul) which means that the performers gave their act a tourist bent. The act had a lot of soul inflection, sometimes tending toward top-40ness, and when they played straight up blues it was crowd favorites like "Sweet Home, Chicago." That's fine and all, but since I'm just learning about Blues, I'd like to hear some stuff I'm less familiar with. The instrumentals were the best part. Sam wore out sooner than me, and left just an hour after we left. I hung on another half hour, then had the good fortune to catch a train at the moment I hit the track, and got home a little after one.
- This weekend Jess and I are going down to Ohio to work on the wedding. I'll do my best to post something of interest to make up for my absence. Oh ye loyal twenty of you.
- What is the weather going to be like for Memorial Day? Misty, rainy, and/or stormy. All over the midwest. And New England. Sorry.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Lincoln Park.

WORD OF THE DAY
Lionize.

NEWS OF THE DAY
New York Times: For Senators, a Pact Does Not Mean Peace.

PICTURE OF THE DAY
Goofy.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What are you doing this weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home