Monday, June 27, 2005

Lumas 7, 27.

COMMENTS:
- This weekend has been all about summer for me. Extraordinarily about summer. Friday at work lasted a lot longer than I'd expected; I skipped lunch, didn't leave until after three, and thereby logged an hour of overtime. Getting home was a royal pain, gaving to wait for the Red Line for entirely too long, and when I got there I sent out some emails and took a two hour nap from seven to nine. Sam was out of town, so I rode the Red Line down to Grand Ave., walked down to F212 and met up with Skylar, Coral, and Bill. We hung out there until the place closed at midnight, and then another hour, then walked back to Sky's and chilled there for awhile. Then, at about 3:30, all of the breath left our conversation in one sudden gust, and Bill and I decided to leave. I ended up walking home from there, about seven miles... I followed Clark up through Lincoln Park, LakeView, Wrigleyville, Uptown, Andersonville, and stopped to shop for lettuce and juice. Then I cut east through Magnolia Glen and Edgewater Beach, and got home just about as the sun was rising. I was listening to the Smashing Pumpkins' Judas 0 through this, because that's what we're embroiled in right now.
- I woke up again at about nine and spent the next several hours cleaning and sweeping the ants out of the kitchen. We'd had a problem with ants for about a week now since Sam and I've been spilling cereal, milk, and syrup on the floor all winter, hastily wiping it up and forgetting about it. Now the ants crawl in and discover the hidden trails. But in the end, the place didn't look too bad. A problem, however is that I had to do laundry, being utterly out of things to wear. I put in four loads. The passenger elevator in our building broke on Friday night, and the freight elevator broke Saturday morning, and management wasn't home. I found myself taking eight flights of stairs every time I wanted to go down or up. So sixteen flights. Times two trips. Add an extra (round) trip because the driers are inefficient an I had to all loads in for an extra cycle. Add an extra (round) trip because I was short one quarter after they changed the price on one of the driers. So in total, sixty-four flights in the 90 degree hear of a well-insulated deathtrap tenement high-rise, the last trip a climb carrying 30+ pounds of clothes. Fun. Jess came over around 2:15 (at the end of the laundry debacle), and we had a lunch of salad andsandwiches and cherry limeade. Then lay around all day. Then, at about 7:30, we went for a walk on the Ardmore beach, stopped at a taqueria for dinner, and continued up to Village North to see Batman Begins. Which was awesome! A straight tie with the original Batman for the best. And conspicuously Chicago at seven or eight moments.
- Sunday was even more relaxed than Saturday, though Jess and I discussed apartments and worked out some final details with invites and our registration list. I'm only looking for one address now... one address. Sean came over in the early afternoon, and we hung out until twilight, then Jess and I walked home with him, caught the Red Line at Wilson, switched to the #6, and wound up in Hyde Park. And that, as they say, is that. Oh, yeah, and Sean and I are going to try to see Billy Corgan this next week.
- The News of the Day today is lurid and sensational, just so you've been forewarned.
- It will be either miserably hot (more likely) or miserably stormy (less likely) today.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Oakland.

WORD OF THE DAY
Tenement.

NEWS OF THE DAY
The Flint Journal: Suicide or Murder?

PICTURE OF THE DAY
James. Virgin Music / EMI Music Germany.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What is your favorite film in the Batman series?

END OF POST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home