Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Lumas 9, 27.

COMMENTS:
- Yesterday I got out of work early, but spent the first several hours back home catching up on sleep. Retrospectively, I kind of wish I'd gone for a walk or someting, but I probably needed the sleep. I reviewed my loan package from the Access Group and started on my loan application, redownloaded Machina II, and wrote a lengthier than I intended overview of a couple Batman movies. Sam took a nap after getting home, but he got up at about eight, and we drove out to Skokie to pick up Sean and my tickets and in return for the favor, I treated him to Indian food on Devon on the way back. It was a wonderful buffet-style meal, and since we paid for all-you-can-eat, we ate until we could barely stagged down the street. Afterwards, it took about ten minutes to drive home, and then another twenty minutes to find parking. Still, we got home by eleven. I had an IceHouse and waited to get sleepy. I didn't do so, not sufficiently to sleep, anyway, until almost two. So naturally, I'm tired again.
- See, no rain.
- I'll quote AccuWeather: With all the rain that has been falling across the northern Plains, it is hard to believe that Illinois is having one of its worst dry periods ever. For instance, at Peoria, the total rainfall since May 1st is only 1.41 inches, which is far below the normal of 7.62 inches. In contrast, take a look at the numbers for Fargo, North Dakota. The total rainfall there has been nearly 10 inches the past two months which is about twice what normally falls. So why the big difference? Simply, the storm track has been located along the Canadian border, and areas farther south have been missing most of the rain events.

CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE DAY
Morgan Park.

WORD OF THE DAY
Lineament .

NEWS OF THE DAY
BBC News: EU looks to Turkish entry talks

PICTURE OF THE DAY
Billy. The Spanish Pumpkins.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
If you were to form a band, and that band were to go on the ascendency, who would you want to open for?

END OF POST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home