Monday, December 05, 2005

Necrus 15, 28.

DIARY

- WEEKEND - What a weekend it was! First, I actually managed to accomplish a respectable percentage of things I needed to get done, meaning I may have momentarily halted my slide into oblivion, and even began to take back some ground. We discussed Don DeLillo's Mao II in my seminar, and I finally finished the Sound and the Fury. It was beautiful, but I barely comprehend, and know I need to read it again...
On Friday, I bought Risk and set up for the "party" Jess and I had decided to hold at the last minute. Matt and Peter came over, as did Reinhardt and Scott from my workshop, and while six isn't exactly a bash, it meets any dormitories standards for "party," and we managed to make a go of it until after 3, without invoking Risk.
On Saturday, Jess slept in and I spent the first part of the day "being productive." Later on we went out to see Christopher Durang's Miss Whitherspoon at Playwrights Horizons, which was totally sweet (thanks Hallie!), and out with Matt and Peter, which was an ill-fated adventure that ended up with me misplaced on Canal St.
On Sunday, I went to church, and took a nice long nap when I got home. Ah, life can be so romantic. In the evening, I worked on finishing my various projects, but finally gave up around 9:30. And here I am!
- SNOW - It finally snowed in New York for the first time yesterday. Bit, warm, wet, fat, fluffy snow that hugged the curbs and puffed up from all the windows and fire escapes. Lovely. We've only two weeks left of autumn, now.
- NEW OF THE WEEK - Check it out today. Certain parts of the world are slammin on the breaks, but slowly, country by country, this issue is being transformed.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
BBC News: 'Gay weddings' become law in UK.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Write something that encapsulates the essence of the word "maudlin."

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home