Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Nimbus 19, 28.

DIARY

- OH, HYPNOS! - I did finish Tristram Shandy last night, and am not far behind this week. But I am that deep-down bones tired... the kind that I cannot forget for even a moment, and coffee hasn't been helping so far. If I wasn't a freelancer, I'd call myself sick and go home. As it is, I'll look forward to the subway ride, when I can close my eyes for five minutes on the ride to campus.
- WEATHER - I've also been exercising, learning Spanish, and persuing a few other personal projects that I don't want to get drawn behind. Ordinarily, this isn't a problem except on Sunday and Tuesday nights (preceeding my two classes) when things tend to stack up.
- WEATHER - Snivilization by Orbital is a truly great album.
- WEATHER - In between work and Jessica's marvelous steak-and-potato-and-salad dinner, I went to the Susan Weeks presentation for the New School colloquium on Childrens' Literature. I always try to make these things unless some premeditated conflict intervenes. I really respected the breadth of her work, and while her writing seem to contain most of the trophs I associate with children's lit (given my very superficial perspective), her writing still had a freshness and energy that I admired. I most enjoyed, however, her animation, speed, and borderline audacity (the moderator kept moving towards corrections or qualifications, then pulling back). Sarah told us, for example, how she approached her publisher once with an illustrator in tow, or how she's dealt with reluctant schools and difficult questions over the years. My chief complaint was the other students at the seminar, who seemed more inclined to offer Ms. Weeks advice than to take advantage of her knowledge, which is, of course, the reason for holding these things. Right?
- WEATHER - is Hearts month.
- WEATHER - Jules Verne.

WEATHER OF THE WEEK
Not today; yesterday.

WEATHER OF THE DAY
Mr.J: NYC: Blizzard of 1996

WEATHER OF THE DAY
What was the worst trouble you ever got into on a snow day?

P.S. - It's getting better. I think I've caffeined myself into the moment. (!!!)

P.P.S. - Blogger's been weird. It's taken forever to get this posted.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home