Sunday, February 19, 2006

Occludine 1, 28.

DIARY

- I am posting at a couple minutes past midnight, and while it is technically Monday (Olympics coverage having given way to the local news), something feels pleasantly transgressive about the action. Bwa ha!
- THE WEEKEND - It was deleriously ineffectual, though for some reason i'm not all that disappointed. On Friday, I did trek out to Greenpoint, a walk that took about an hour at which point I discovered I could have cut the time by two thirds if I'd only taken the G. Moreover, I was too tired and cranky to spend much time exploring amongst those equally tired and cranky Poles up there. I did stop at a restaurant and started reading for class: The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien. It was slow going, which only became slower when I left my book on the Subway. That night, Jess and I stayed in until are midnight, when Bruce and Matt picked us up and took us out to the Brooklyn Social Club, a bar in Carroll Gardens. I'd never been to Carroll Gardens before. It was quite nice, with the mentioned "gardens" being roomy lots that projecyted forward toward the street from the same style of brownstone one encounters throughout Brooklyn.
On Saturday, my Innovative Fiction workshop went well, and I stopped out for noodles afterward. Jess and I contemplated going out, but decided not to. We drank hot chocolate and champagne, and watched the Olympics. I fell asleep.
This morning I was industrious, cleaning in the kitchen and finishing off the bulk of my remaining wedding thank you notes (Jess has been more industrious at this than I have, but fortunately the things are almost finished!) and we celebrated with a pizza dinner. Matt invited us to meet up in Manhattan. Jess accepted. I declined. Now I'm at home alone, and I've got bittersweet feelings. I really didn't feel like walking twenty minutes to a twenty-minute subway ride to go to a couple bars (where I can never hear what anyone says anyway), drop a bunch of money on expensive booze, and take a twenty minute subway ride to a twenty-minute walk home. I really don't feel like it. But I miss seeing people and friends, and I miss being with Jessica, even though it's only been, like, the first two hours in over a day. *Sigh.*
- WEATHER - Extremes will mellow out. Blah blah bleary February.

- FEBRUARY - Is responsible pet owners month.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Kurt Cobain and Frederick Douglass.

NEWS OF THE WEEK
The New York Times - Company Town Relies on G.M. Long After Plants Have Close.
NOTE: The town in question is not Flint, but Anderson, Indiana.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
If you were reincarnated as a member of the Village People, who would you be?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home