Monday, February 20, 2006

Occludine

CONCEPT

So about the layout this month...

The background may appear to be completely black, but if you have a high-resolution monitor or shrink the size of the text box so there's an empty space at the bottom, you'll see some white lights pretty clearly. This picture was actually taken at night from the fire escape just outside my apartment window. I was going for something a bit more austere this time.

The "the month is Occludine" box at the top is actually the saem view, although here the profusion of light makes it difficult to read details. (I'll leave it to you to ponder the significance and/or intentionality of this juxtaposition. Actually, though, I liked this picutre just because it shows the business of the average Thursday for me. On Thursdays, I don't have anywhere to go, but since I don't get home until ten or midnight the three days prior I inevitably have lots to get caught up on.

The three boxes to the right are actually shots from inside Old St. Pat's church in Chicago. I've been trying to stick with New York pictures for the most part since moving, but none of them seemed to happily fit this time around, so...

LINK #1
Urban Exploration Resource
Presumably it's going to be getting warmed soon, which will mean the highways and byways will be thawing out, and you know what that means...

LINK #2
Loopz
This is the Official Site of the Artists Formerly Known as Orbital.
As soon as I make my way through the prodigious site Sky sent me on the highways and byways of electronic music, I'll be reviewing Orbital's first albums (which I just acquired). I thought this might be useful, to me and to you.

LINK #3
Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music v. 2.5
This is the prodigious site Sky sent me on the highways and byways of electronic music. It's great if you want to understand the stuff, or conveniently browse a couple thousand samples, or even browse the ridiculous colonial diaspora that is electronic music.



Usually at least one of the "cool in..." links will be to an actual human being, but I haven't added any links to human beings in awhile, and those who update often enough to warrent a showcase have already been linked to once or twice. I'm taking this new format for a test drive.

END OF POST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home