Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Oneidine 2, 28.

DIARY

- YESTERDAY - After work I walked up to the Public Library. It was first time on Fifth Avenue north of about thirtieth street, and was somehow remeniscent of the Magnificent Mile in Chicago. Or perhaps the Magnificent Mile is remeniscent of Fifth Avenue. Regardless, I ended up at the Mid-Manhattan Library where I heard Jeff Allen, my seminar teacher from last semester, and a poet friend of his, read from their new work. Jeff is developing a new novel, and it sounds like it will be just as epic and sprawling as his last, Rails Under my Back. Several classmates of mine attended, and afterward they all headed out to an Indian restaurant. I walked there with them, and then continued to Times Square where I took the Subway home. The rest of the evening was uneventful; reading, etc.

- WEATHER - It's cold everywhere. A high pressure over Canada has been flowing and spreading to the south. Now that the storms have dissipated in the south and the jet stream on the West coast has moved, there nothing to stall the advance of arctic air. Hey: You had to have your warm January!

- MARCH - Is the month for Talking with your Teen about SEX!
- TODAY - Is World Water Way.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Bahá'u'lláh and William Shatner.

PICTURE OF THE WEEK
Oxfordshire Nature Conservation Foruma: Bluebell Wood.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Oh, come on now. I know you have an opinion on this. Really, how many kids would you like to have?
What names would you like to give them?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home