Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Oneidine 16, 28.

DIARY

- YESTERDAY - Weird emotional day yesterday. I have to admit, I'm continually moved and troubled by all the reports coming out of Delphi and GM these days... I do think the situation will resolve itself favorably within my own family. My dad works for GM, which has not been as cavelier towards its obligations lately as Delphi, and he has sufficient seniority to be assured an appreciable compensation in any case. Many friends' family, however, could be hit quite hard. Moreover, in considering Flint as a home, as a place dearly loved, and as a place to which I may someday return, this is very bad news, and there is little good news, that is, there is no favorable outcome. For years people have described that city as having hit rock bottom; situations like this remind me of how much further it could possibly fall.
I described the moment to Sam as: "You know how when the Titanic split in half, the afloat-half levelled off, almost as if it wasn't going to sink? I wonder if that's what the last 2 years have been like..."
On a related note, for my Sarduy emulation for class, I created a satirical ad using Chevrolet's Apprentice program. If anybody's interest, you can watch it here.
Definitely more effective with sound.
So, yeah: work, homework, class, home. Yesterday.

- WEATHER - Crazy rain out west. Windy out easy. Probably more storms and tornadoes the next couple days over the plains.

- APRIL - Is Animal Cruelty prevention month.
- TODAY - Is First Contact Day. What, you didn't know?
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Thomas Hobbes and Booker T. Washington.

PICTURE OF THE WEEK
Flint Delphi West, soon to be shut down.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you? (Remember, luck; this can't be something you could have been reasonably considered responsible for... an arbitrary occurrance that worked in your favor).

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home