Monday, April 10, 2006

The White Sox suck!

EVENT



At least for today, my second favorite team in baseball is at the very top of my hit list. They will not only be playing the Tigers, the soon-to-be contenders in the American League Central Division; they're playing the Tigers at the Detroit home opener. Conventional wisdom says that the first weeks don't count for much more than Spring training, and I'm inclined to believe, but those numbers are real numbers; the Tigers 5-1 is almost the reverse of the Sox 2-4. After yesterday's "bad day" Chris Shelton's still batting around the .583 mark. Bonderman's pitching. He pitched a victory last year, and while the Royals aren't exactly in the same league as the White Sox (well, they are), his continued riot across the former team this past week is worth notice. Even the grumpy post-Cub catcher was optimistic.

Sorry White Sox... I guess it's raining on the South Side today for a reason.

I'll be posting comments (and hopefully photos) here throughout the game.

EDIT: No, the White Sox do not suck. In fact I love them dearly (albeit slightly less so than the Tigers), and cheered them to victory during their Series sweep last year, even skipping my expensive literature seminar to see the last game. I put this post up to poke some fun at my friends, most of whom are Chicago South Siders. I didn't anticipate that the subject heading would lend me at the top of the Google Blog search for "White Sox" and while your 217 emails yesterday were taken in the spirit of competition and not malice, I would like to redirect your rage.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home