Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lunas 4, 28.

DIARY

- THE SHORT VERSION - Since the long version is so long forthcoming.
After scavhunt finished, Jess and I flew back to New York City. I went to work on Tuesday and the very next day I interviewed for the TA position at New School. On Friday I stayed up all night cleaning the apartment, and the next day Jess and I drove to Rochester for Cody's college graduation. We pack up Cody's things afterwards, went to dinner with the family, and headed back to the Brooklyn, getting in before 2 AM.

- YESTERDAY - I received word that I did not receive the TA position. After work I walked down to Union Square and bought James Brown: Foundations of Funk. For just another $105 plus tax, I could've also gotten Sex Machine, Live at the Apollo, vol. 2, and Star Time! But I exercised restraint. Last night was to be my night to rest up for a week of fun with Cody, but Jess made quesadillas and Cody and I went out and bought a sixpack of Brooklyn Lager. We watched the first two episodes of The O.C., so it was already getting late by the time I got down to work. I went to bed around one. I'm tired today.

- WEATHER - Pretty much as yesterday. The Midwest and East Coast are warming up.

- TIGERS - Detroit 8, Kansas City 0. It's hard to be a baseball fan in Kansas City. Verlander got his first shut out. Supposedly the Pistons are doing pretty well, too.

- MAY - Is Family Support Month.
- MAY - Is the month of Fibromyalgia Awareness.
- TODAY - Is World Turtle Day.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Alfred Sloan, Mitch Albom, and why not, Jewel.



QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"You think you got the blues? Look at my life. I've got the blues more than you do." -- Jewel
(ed. I'm a little skeptical.)

QUESTION OF THE DAY
http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourreligiousphilosophyquiz/

Mine (QotD):
You are a Self-Discoverer

You're not religious, but you've created your own kind of spirituality.
Introspective and thoughtful, you tend to look inward for the divine.
You are distrusting of all forms of organized religion.
You especially dislike religious gurus and leaders, who you feel are charlatans.


Ironic, given the Catholicism and all, but these surveys are best taken with a grain of salt.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home