Monday, March 05, 2007

Occludine 13, 29.

DIARY

Last July in trying to make these daily posts manageable I stopped writing about my day-to-day life here, but I've found that I haven't started writing about it anywhere else. That, and the daily posts are so spare now, there isn't an urgent recent to post them. So I'm going back to giving a quick rundown here.

Last Monday Hallie was in for a visit so I met with her in her hotel in midtown. We ordered room service and read each other's writings, then took the subway out to Brooklyn to meet Jess for cheesecake at Junior's.
After that, it wasn't on the whole the most productive week ever. I got a lot of sleep (until last night), finally launched the Hungry Rats website, finished Primo Levi's If This Is a Man and started out on James Cain's Mildred Pierce. To my own astonishment, I'm not roughly halfway through the massive reading list I got a couple months ago. I don't know if I'll actually finish everything, but I'm sure I can get two third the way through. Next up: more reading on Elie Wiesel and the Smashing Pumpkins, and hopefully some Oates and Morrison.
On Thursday we started the new d20 campaign (Twilight 2000) with Marco and Scott.
On Friday Jess had a girl's night out and I went to Spain and had a little adventure there but didn't see anyone I knew. I got a little worked up walking home because I was thinking of all the friends I've had from 1980 on, and feeling very lucky, and when I got back I only waited for fifteen minutes before Jess called to see if I could meet her at the subway. It rained on us as we walked back.
Saturday was beautiful, and I got out for a few hours with Daniel. There was an eclipse of the moon. I felt a little woozy and tired, so I missed Amy's party. Yesterday, I went to church with Barb and out for Indian food with Barb and Jess and we talked about politics, etc. The evening was taken up with dishes, napping, Google Earth (on our new computer), You Tube, and finally, Escape to Witch Mountain. Jess has found and downloaded some super super super Smashing Pumpkins rarities which will help me with my thesis project.

Out.

- ALMANAC SAYS -
Feast of St. Piran. Piano maker William Steinway born, 1835.

- HAPPY BIRTHDAY -
Amy!

- NEWS OF THE WEEK -
New York Times: Court Declares Bosnian Killings Were Genocide.

- QUESTION OF THE DAY -
What is your favorite song by the Smashing Pumpkins.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home