Monday, September 24, 2007

Diary: September, 2002.



A generally frustrating month at the beginning of an overall interesting year. In fact, in many ways this summer seemed the most "typical" of the four years after finishing college. I'd been out for a full year, and had spent the summer living in the basement of my friends' house. It was an affordable arrangement, which was good, since I never locked down employment in the thriving Flint job market.

At the begining of September, I moved back in with my parents for a couple weeks, and they let me borrow the car to visit Sam in Marquette for a weekend before heading back: I ran a Lake Michigan circle tour. On the 15th, my parents drove me to Chicago, and we all took my girlfriend to the Lincoln Park zoo for the day. I remember it was quite cold, but I hadn't brought a jacket along. On the way out, we unloaded all of my stuff at my a friend's (very small) Hyde Park apartment... I was going to stay there just until I'd locked down a job and a room elsewhere. These were both issues, however, which went on, unresolved, well past September 2002.

At the end of the month, though, Gemma contacted me about filling an open part in her play, Tales of the Lost Formicans. I said "yes."

Where were you in September 2002?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home