Monday, February 28, 2005

Occludine 9, 27.

CONCEPT

COMMENTS
- Friday after work I had a couple hours, so I went to Marshall Fields on State for a cup of coffee. I love that place... in fact, it's one of my favorite icons of capitalism. There's something a little off-kilter and cool about the emphasis on green, and the marble rails climbing seven stories up the arcade. Also, it's got an older class to it, but can't escape the city grit. The windows of the cafè, seven stories high looking out on State and Washington were streaked with grime. I went to Hyde Park and made Jess and myself a cheese pizza.
- Saturday was role-playing with the Doctors in Blue Island. I had to zoom up to Edgewater to get my character sheet, which I'd left there, and Jess and I were both a little late. Phil's running a Forgotten Realms campaign out of the Silver Marches and yesterday we battled an evil psionicist and his astral constructs, and then later on a million orcs. I'd just reached fifth level, so over course I was levelling everything with Fireballs and Flaming Spheres. Yes, I'm hamming this up to the utmost.
Afterwards, we visited for awhile, and made a stop at J&J Fish. Jess and I dropped Greg off in Hyde Park (following an energized debate on political discourse these days), and he sold me the original White Wolf Wraith Handbook for $8, which is pretty much a steal.
- Sunday continued to be busy, with a small scav hunt meeting at noon at Jess', a Harry Potter Discussion Group (we discussed gender perspectives/biases/issues in the book) at Jimmy's, Mass, and finally a somewhat relaxing evening filled with episodes of Monk.
- WEATHER: It looks like we'll just catch the edge of the monstrous storm I described on Monday. Even Chicago won't be hit that bad.

STATE OF THE DAY
Nebraska.

WORD OF THE DAY
Maedi.

NEWS OF THE DAY
The New York Times: Insurgents Land Deadliest Blow Since Fall of Hussein's Regime

PICTURE OF THE DAY
Spacedog. Stickstuff.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Where were you in '82?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home