Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lumas 22, 27.

COMMENTS
- Yesterday, I blasted through work and got home by 3. I spent an hour trying to set up apartment viewings in Clinton Hill (Brooklyn) and Astoria (Queens), but had limited luck. Reason? Any place that was posted three days earlier had been grabbed up, and any place posted in the last three ways included landlords reluctant to schedule me for a showing, given that their places would be grabbed up by the time I'd arrive, three days from yesterday. I do have one-and-a-half appointments scheduled, but my hopes are really resting on a very promising lead that was hurled into me about a week ago. I'm hoping. Hoping...
- After making phone calls (including some wedding-related calls) I looked over class information. I have to send in class preferences for New School for the upcoming weeks, and I'm getting a head start on "instructor research." Most of the seminars and workshops sound promising and exciting, but I can already catch myself leaning towards certain offerings.
- Lisa came over to visit. We hung out at my place for a couple hours, then walked down to Kopi and talked about a number of things, including the upcoming move, and future plans for the Occlusion. You thought it was over, but it's only getting bigger, and bigger!
- This morning I was determined to get to work on time, so I left a few minutes early. Then, after waiting over 20 minutes for the bus, I walked to the Red Line, caught it, and rolled into work 15 minutes late.
- We're finally getting some rain this week, courtesy of Dennis. What's bad for Florida is good for Illinois, but then that's often the case, not only as pertains to the weather.
- So I will continue to maintain question of the day, but some folks better answer from time to time. (Grrrrr.) I'll add back in other "of the day" functions, but not until sometime in September, since it's hard enough these days for me to find time to post, period.
- In the last week I've really gotten into Depeche Mode. Why has it taken so long for me to finally get into Depeche Mode?!?

QUESTION OF THE DAY
- There've been lot's of predictable remakes (good and bad) gracing the Big Screen this summer. In fact, there's a dearth of original writing (despite protestations that, really, all writing is technically original writing). I'm not going to ask you to contribute... yet... For now, just tell me what should be remade, even though it never will be.

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home