Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Noctus 28, 28.

DIARY

- THE FIRE - As I was almost home from work yesterday, about three police cars and two fire trucks roared past me. I turned onto Adelphi and saw a massive plume of smoke billowing into the air less than half a block from my apartment. So... I dropped off my bag, grabbed my camera, and went and took pictures. It was a significant fire. Over a half-dozen fire trucks eventually arrived, and the tenement-style house was spewing flames from all three floors. I watched for about a half and hour, at one point being completely engulfed in a mountain of smoke that fell over the whole block. Jess said I smelled awful afterward. But I got some good pictures, which you'll probably see in a few days, when I update this blog for Nimbus.
- AFTER THAT - Jess and I had two "dinners," the first involving eggs, toast, and fried banana, and the second involving soup, biscuits, and Gilmour Girls. I got a lot of work accomplished, and submitted a fractal "short story" to Diagram, a literary journal.
- WEATHER - What's new? It's the weirdest January for weather ever. Right now it's in the sixties in New York, but it will soon be twenty degrees colder. Midwesterners will enjoy their wind, and the west coast will enjoy its rain. Alaska and Canada will enjoy the cold, because believe it or not, bitter cold is happening somewhere.
- JANUARY - Is the month of eye care.
- TODAY - Is Winnie the Pooh Day.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Cary Grant.

PICTURE OF THE WEEK
Michele Stapleton: The tugboat brigade.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
How many televisions are in your house/apartment? How many radios? How many computers?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home