Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Nimbus 4, 28.

DIARY

- YESTERDAY - Was wonderful in the end... I don't know... maybe it was difficult last semester to feel excited about moving to New York after the wedding and our trip to Belize. At any rate, this time around I feel much more like I typically do at the start of a school year. It helps too that I'm moving into one of my favorite times of year, late winter, when the days get longer but we're still feeling the full effect of the cold (well, theoretically) and it's just warm enough for one to wear a jacket instead of a coat, rebelliously, though we know it'll chill the bones.
- Anyway, I've been compiling tax forms for Facts On File this week. Yesterday I did Delaware, Washington D.C., Georgia, Hawaii, and Idaho. Hawaii, as it turns out, had as many forms as the rest combined. Right now I'm doing Illinois, which makes me nostalgic. I heard back from Megan at the Writing Center and she was very gracious about seeing me go. I enjoyed working there, but I'm also happy to be able to plunge full force into studies and submissions this semester. In the evening I was going to do some reading, but was intercepted by Scott, Marco, Reinhardt, and Cammelia instead. They were meeting for peer group at Cosi but allowed me to tag along for awhile. Then I went to Workshop with David Gates, which is promising. He started by going over twenty or so common errors which we can now strive to avoid, or at least commit knowingly. There were exceptions to many. This is actually the sort of critique I like best. Now free-floating "what ifs," but concrete, but nevertheless circumstantially determined and relativistically expressed. That make any sense? Afterwards I went to Spain for awhile, went home and spent another productive hour before going to bed.
- This morning I exercised. How long you want to bed that lasts?
- WEATHER - There may be a sign of winter this week; at least for the midwest. The East coast is going to continue to be balmy. The northwest will get a break from the rain.
- JANUARY - Is the month of image improvement. Whatever that's supposed to mean.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY - John Belushi.

LAST WORDS OF THE WEEK
from Last Words.
- "I know you have come to kill me. Shoot, coward. You are only going to kill a man."
- Guevara, Ernesto "Che" (1928-1967)
Che Guevara was an Argentinian revolutionary who became a prominent communist player in the Cuban Revolution. Later, he attempted to foment similar revolutions throughout Central and South America with little success. In 1966, he snuck into Boliva and formed a guerilla force in Santa Clara where he was soon was wounded, captured, and executed by the Bolivian Army.

QUESTION OF THE DAY
How do you expect to die?

END OF POST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home