Thursday, September 30, 2004

Politics #1: DEBATE, DISGRUNTLED, LET'S TALK!

EVENT

DEBATE

I read four pages of the New York Times on the debate tonight, and a bunch of commentary.
I was going to write something on the subject for this post... a "look for this" or "stream-of-consciousness musing," but frankly I've heard so much about it before the fact, I'm already tired of it.

Actually, I do have one observation, and it is this: evidently those who tune in closely to commentary on the debate draw vastly different conclusions than those who evaluate the debate on its own terms. Yes, this seems to hold when demographics and political affiliation are controlled. So let's pay close attention for any media bias as well. Who do you think wins?

That comment was a non-partisan freebie, by the way.

Watch the debate tonight!

DISGRUNTLED

I'm not strictly towing the "party line" by the way, as much as trying to address what I think is likely to be one of the BIG THINGS of this decade in my life. The DNC has already let me down. They asked for my hands and hours. I offered both up, freely. They've since taken advantage of neither. They've emailed me for money, which they already know I do not have. My voice, however, which actually has some credentials attached, is sitting here, unused.

So I'm going out on my own. I'm doing it freelance. You can do it too. My offer to open this blog up thru the election still stands.

LET'S TALK

Michael Kennedy and Skyler Moran have agreed to add their voices to the conversation.

They are welcome! I will email them password info tomorrow.

I'd like to open it up a bit more... demographically and politically. Mike, Skyler, and I are, as far as I can tell, solidly liberal white guys. Anyone of a different stripe want to add a perspective. I might even take a resonable, thick-skinned conservative or two. Leave a note or email me to get the hookup.

More tomorrow.
Much more tomorrow.

~ Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home